Saturday, January 28, 2006

Waitin' already?

Man…I’m already waiting in line at target for U2’s next album! (actually I’m not but I will be). This might be a conversation an employee might have with me while I’m waiting there:
Worker: what the hell you donin’ out here you bum? Go home!
Me: No way! I’m waiting in line for the new U2 album cause I’m more dedicated then
those Star Wars fans who wait a month in line….shoot a month…try 3 or 4 YEARS!
Worker: New U2 album?!? We don’t even have a new shipment of new U2 albums!
Me: Well you will soon. So get lost or get in back of me and be second in line
****and depending if he is a fan or not he’ll get in line after me. actually that was a stupid conversation but i thought it was funny when i was writing it.

I wanna go to the Grammys (or at least to the carpet to see maybe a glimpse of those mofos) but I don’t think I can. I mean my dad works like 2 blocks down and I could get a ride and everything but it’s cause it’s “a school night”. how many times has that got me down? But that’s ok….I’ll just watch it on TV like the rest of you. can you believe that my mom was almost not going to let me go to the concert because i had too much homework?!?!? i finished most of it but not ALL of it.....but still i wouldn't have given up my chance to go see U2 for all the money in the world! i think i'd be happy if i got a F in school and went to the concert then not going at all.

The other day in geometry we were calculating area for different shapes. And after you get your answer you put the units squared which looks something like u2 (except it's in exponent form)….so I gave a little smile and went on working. We also learned about kites earlier in that chapter, which didn’t remind me of the song until now that I am listening to it. Kites: a quadrilateral with 2 pairs of consecutive congruent sides and only one pair of congruent angles. I better have aced the test yesterday!

In honor of my friend’s 15th birthday we went to chili’s. her mom paid which was cool but pricey! It was a lot of fun, more than I expected. I thought it was just going to be eat, sing, cake, good-bye. It was a lot of talking and singing (to random stuff might I add). The older people who weren’t in our party were just like “wtf?” which was pretty funny. But I was a little disappointed that I didn’t get my apple martini because apparently they “don’t serve minors”. (actually that didn’t happen I just like to make up lies….but I did ask the peeps at the table if they could order me one….no luck) But all the time I was there everyone asked me if I was on something. I got asked like 5 or 6 times but I wasn’t…. I just get really hyper within 2 minutes….plus it must have been those sugar shots or the rum cake. Sugar shots? Yes sugar shots! It’s a game where you slide sugar packets back and forth with someone else. If it lands on the edge of the table then the other person takes a shot, if it falls off or ends up in the middle you keep passing it. I think I ate like 1 whole packet…it was good but it wasn’t my brand. I swear that cake had something in it! It was really good but it got me even crazier and confused. I hated that after we sang and ate the cake the host would look at us with the “it’s time to leave” look. We all know that look….it’s a glance but there’s something in that glance that says get out. So we left and waited outside for our rides to come for us. I thought it was cool that my mom let me stay out till 9:30 on “a school night”…usually I would have gotten in trouble but since I’m nearing 15 (in 21 days) I guess that means more responsibility. Upside to this: Hurray! I get to stay out “late” Downside to this: F**k more responsibility! merry christmas! (?)*

ummm.....rum cake! at least i had some kind of liquor

3 Comments:

Blogger blue kite said...

i´m still trying to find if the news of a new u2 album (with hip-hop influences) is bad or good news :))

12:32 PM, January 29, 2006  
Blogger *melinda* said...

i think it would be a little strange for christian irish men in their mid 40s to rap or at least a little. we'll see*

5:42 PM, January 31, 2006  
Blogger SomeGurl said...

its not evelyn and it not u cuz i luv ya

9:14 PM, February 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home