Friday, January 13, 2006

The Girl's Got Reasons

Man! See what happens when u get a lot of homework and tests ? No blogs that’s what!! Nothing big has happened to me but then again nothing big ever does.

My iPod is awesome! I still haven’t put anything new on but Styx and new music videos. I only have 3 music videos that I have PURCHAED: Sometimes you can’t make it on your own [U2], Sour Girl [Stone Temple Pilots], and Y Control [The Yeah Yeah Yeahs]. Sour girl is a pretty good music video…it came out about the time teletubies came out and in the video there is big bunnies that turn evil and then here comes Sarah Michelle Gellar who indeed looks like a sour girl in the video. I have all kinds of other videos on my iPod but it’s stuff that I recorded on the computer like family guy and The Simpsons and of course U2! I have 631 songs….a mixture of genres: gothic (Bela Lugosi’s Dead by Bauhaus), grunge (Nirvana), Metal (Rage against the Machine), Country (Johnny Cash), Disco (The Bee Gees), Rock, Techno, Easy Listening….etc. If music were based on dogs I’d be a mutt. (that’s an odd comparison).



Sour Girl
Stone Temple Pilots



(that's a picture of my iPod so don't complain about the quality)

I got my U2.com membership card and free CDs about 10 days ago. There’s a Vertigo performance on the CD-ROM from Milan where Bono sings the opening line of Ballroom Blitz: “Are you ready, Steve? Andy? Mick? Alright, fellas, let's go!” I noticed that when I first saw it. He also in Live from Chicago sings some of Smashing Pumpkin’s Bullet With Butterfly Wings in the middle of Electric CO. What else? Hmmm…oh yes! I bought 2 U2 t-shirts that set me back $40. One’s green and has the suitcase from all that you can’t leave behind and the other is black and says war tour (even though I wasn’t alive to have seen the war tour). With my Visa Gift Certificate I bought the Joshua Tree DVD but it hasn’t come in the mail yet. Right now (well not now as we speak) I’m reading A Grand Madness: Ten Years On The Road With U2 by Dianne Beeaff. It put a new light on the meaning of a TRUE fan. It’s really well written and detailed…it’s like I’m at the concert! (well nothing can actually describe the feeling/ presence of being at the actual thing but she come pretty darn close!) I’m up to the part of the Zoo TV Tour which isn’t that far into the book at all…it’s just I don’t have time to sit down and read for an hour or so. But I really recommend reading it!

Not much plans for the 3 day MLK weekend. Tomorrow I’m going to my friend's party at Chucky Cheese. She doesn’t have to pay for the food or party just for her tokens….maybe not even that. The party is totally on us! I think some people find it strange (especially my family) that we r throwing a soon to be 15 year-old a party at Chucky Cheese. That’s the great part…who the F*** cares!! It’s fun!…except the part where they sing and stuff. But it’s going to be at 10 in the morning so not as much sticky kids are going to be there. Why are kids always sticky? My sister gets sticky sometimes and she didn’t even eat candy that day. I think I need to carry around a notebook or something to record all my thoughts!! I think so much…sometimes ideas on what to write in blogs so I don’t just wing it off the top of my head, which I usually do. Sometimes I wish my brain would have a printer so I can press a button and have all my ideas/thought on paper.

Oh! I still haven’t found what I’m looking for. By that I mean that I haven’t found my desire for life . Till then I’ll be here sitting, waiting, wishing*

4 Comments:

Blogger blue kite said...

Hi!! gladd you are back to you blog.. congratulations for the new ipod and u2 membership card...::)))

8:51 AM, January 14, 2006  
Blogger SomeGurl said...

ok sorry i cant read it right now i just have a quick question what is that show i told diana about???? let me know asap i am busy right now but i will come back ro read your blog sorry babe ttyl bye

9:18 PM, January 14, 2006  
Blogger SomeGurl said...

DID U GET ME MESSAGE TTYL BYE

8:16 PM, January 17, 2006  
Blogger c said...

great post - i've never read that book - i may have to add it to my list.......

8:27 PM, January 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home