Sunday, January 01, 2006

Midnight is Where the [Year] Begins

wooohoooo!! take out those hats and champagne and party yourself out! but don't get drunk...well maybe a little.

New Year's Day...doesn't really feel like a new year to me. Yesterday I went to my grandma's house to celebrate. It felt a little off cause my brother left to go bowling and wasn't here to "ring in the new year". we got there at 7:30 and ate then headed up stairs to my cousin's room and watched tv (the Comedians of Comedy might i add but the full length documentary). Nothing big happened after...i played a little DDR (getting better but i can't make it to the harder levels yet). Like at 11:45 I came downstairs where everyone was setting up. Then all of a sudden like everyone starts partying. poppers went off....balloons everywhere....cider being served....grapes being served (if you're not mexican u won't understand the purpose of the grapes)...noise makers making loud noises. the countdown finally came...but no one counted down. at 3,2,1 everyone kinda looked around but no one was partying anymore! a minute or so passed and then everyone went "happy new year!" i guess my family's a little slow. we hugged and wished them the best year they could have. Then i chugged a mini-bottle of cider(which had as much liquid as a can of soda)...it was good but i felt sick afterwards. I played "New Year's Day" on a continuous loop cause i'm a nerd like that. we cleaned up (well not me...my mom) and then it was time to go home. I got home at 2:30 and fell asleep at 4.

I don't do resolutions cause i can never keep them. maybe if i decide to have one it'll be to not drink and drive.

Tomorrow my mom's side of the family and us are supposed to go to Disneyland if we don't get rained out. over here we are having a "storm" which i think means it rains a lot without stopping. the rose parade is tomorrow too....it going to rain on their parade! i've been there once and it sucked! so have a HAPPY NEW YEAR and the best of luck to u in 2006!*

-it's been about 9 hours since i posted this blog and right now i saw this artice title scroll through the toolbar: Bono Seeks To Balance Charitable Work. It's mainly about Bono thinking that he should take it easy with the fight against poverty for the sake of the band

1 Comments:

Blogger blue kite said...

I think Bono can do both things with great quality! Just like he has done during the last couple of years...

Happy new year for you!

11:10 AM, January 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home